Utilize este identificador para referenciar este registo: http://hdl.handle.net/10400.16/1062
Título: Caso dermatológico: alergia às caneleiras
Outros títulos: Dermatology case: shin guards dermatitis
Autor: Oliveira, A.
Fernandes, I.
Lobo, I.
Selores, M.
Palavras-chave: allergic
contact dermatitis
football shin guards
Data: Set-2010
Editora: Nascer e Crescer
Citação: Nascer e Crescer 2010; 19(3): 169-170
Resumo: Many adverse events can occur when the skin comes in contact with external agents. Eczema is one of them. The eczema can be either allergic or irritant in nature. Irritant contact dermatitis (ICD) accounts for approximately 80% of all contact dermatitis and allergic contact dermatitis (ACD) accounts for the remaining 20%. ACD is a delayed-type hypersensitivity reaction that is elicited when the skin comes in contact with a chemical to which an individual has previously been sensitized. The classic picture of contact dermatitis is a well-demarcated erythematous vesicular (in the acute form) and/or scaly patch or plaque (in the chronic form) lesion, with well-defined margins corresponding to the area of contact. It requires an appropriate level of suspicion for the possibility of an allergen to elicit a contact dermatitis. Treatment is based on avoidance of the allergen associated with corticosteroids and antihistamines. The authors present a case of allergic contact dermatitis to football shin guards in a 12 year-old boy who regularly practiced soccer.
Peer review: yes
URI: http://hdl.handle.net/10400.16/1062
ISSN: 0872-0754
Aparece nas colecções:RN&C: Ano de 2010

Ficheiros deste registo:
Ficheiro Descrição TamanhoFormato 
v19n3a08.pdf117,04 kBAdobe PDFVer/Abrir


FacebookTwitterDeliciousLinkedInDiggGoogle BookmarksMySpace
Formato BibTex MendeleyEndnote Degois 

Todos os registos no repositório estão protegidos por leis de copyright, com todos os direitos reservados.